A primary goal of NHSSN is to provide homeownership opportunities to first time homebuyers with incomes of 80% or below Area Median Income (see chart). Home ownership helps stabilize the family unit as well as communities. This line of business includes several components.
For additional information please email
Down Payment Assistance:
Neighborhood Housing Services is dedicated to serving the community in multiple facets when it comes to homeownership. We currently offer three types of down payment assistance. All three programs require buyer to attend a HUD certified 8 hour Homebuyer Education class. Once that is complete buyer will be required to meet with housing counselor to determine mortgage readiness.
Fact regarding HOME Funds for Clark County or North Las Vegas:
- Buyer must be 1st time homebuyer
- House must be purchased in Unincorporated Clark County (CC) or City limits of North Las Vegas (NLV)
- Interest is 0%, no monthly payment, silent second
- Buyer can receive up to $14,999 in Unincorporated Clark County or $20,000.00 in North Las Vegas for 50% of Lender's required downpayment and reasonable buyer closing cost
- NLV also allows principal reduction incurred in the purchase of the Property in 2011
- Deferred loan and due upon sale of property
Not less than 20% and no more than 30% for CC or 31% for NLV front end ratio Not more than 43% back end ratio
- Buyer of CC properties must have ½ of required down payment depending on 1st lien product and will be responsible for an appraisal and home inspection.
- Buyer of NLV properties must have ½ of required down payment depending on 1st lien product to include $2500 in reserves; however, $1,000 must be the buyers personal funds.
- Must be approved through one of our participating lenders and work with one of our partnering realtors.
Choose the amount of people in household and the dollar amount below identifies the amount of income that cannot be exceeded for HOME Funds program.
NHSSN partners with Citi Mortgage for WISH Funds
NHSSN has partnered with Citi Mortgage in placing families into homes. Families who fall below the 80% area median income are eligible to receive up to 3 ($15,000) for 1 (up to $5,000) match for down payment assistance. This program requires you to be a first time homebuyer. Clients must attend an (8) hour Homebuyer Workshop with an approved HUD housing counseling agency to include meeting with one of our certified housing counselors in order to get fully approved. Please see below for income eligibility.
Area Median Income Chart
Household size 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
per Family $36,500 $41,700 $46,900 $52,100 $56,300 $60,450 $64,650 $68,800